Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Letterpress Workshop

Yesterday I got the privilege to go to a letterpress workshop in Irvine at the Fine Arts Center with my senior port 2 class. We printed our business cards in 2 different colors. The first group, my group, printed an orange card and a pretty grey card. I was very pleased with the outcome of my cards!!



I love Dana! She made it work out so that we could go take a letterpress workshop in Irvine and it was so fun!
First attempt at laying down the plates. This is super important you get your plates lined up perfect. 
Inking up the press. This was our first ink, a beautiful orange color.
Dana lining up the paper, a very important task.
Nika's attempt to lign up the paper.
The beautiful wood block letters. We compiled a fun composition with random characters on an 8.5 x 11.



No comments:

Post a Comment