Thursday, July 19, 2012

101 Things That Bring Me Joy

I am the queen of listmaking. My favorite list making app used to be Zenbe Lists but this year I discovered Wunderlist by 6wunderkinder. I love that with both of these programs you can edit online and on your iPhone/iPad/iPod/iwhatever and that it syncs fast and you can share lists too with other users.

Statistics show that people are the most depressed during the holiday months because of the amount of stress and memories of loved ones, family issues etc all come about. Here is something that I always have handy in my group of lists is a list of 101 things that bring me joy. Not just happiness, but Joy.

I believe that Joy is a completely different thing then happiness, there is more passion in it.
So when things start getting rough, I scroll through my list of things that bring me joy and cheer up.


  1. An amazing sailor named Kyle Parker. <3
  2. Arakawa Family
  3. Apple

  4. 
Aprons

  5. 
Asking the person behind the counter how their day is going and having them be happy and startled that I actually care and want to know

  6. 
Baking

  7. 
Band shirts with good designs on them that actually took time or were hand screened

  8. 
Beach

  9. 
Being a motivator

  10. 
Being sneaky

  11. 
Being spontaneous

  12. 
Big white fluffy comforters

  13. 
Big wine glasses

  14. 
Blue pens

  15. 
Boots

  16. 
Bows

  17. 
Bracelets Anklets earrings and rings

  18. 
Brackets { }

  19. 
Buying random gifts for people for no reason at all but that it made me think of them or that I wanted to get it for them

  20. 
Camping

  21. 
Caramel Frappuccino’s

  22. 
Chanel Chance perfume

  23. 
Colorful huge graffiti

  24. 
Cuddling

  25. 
Cupcakes

  26. 
Cute things

  27. 
Dancing

  28. 
Dancing beautiful jazz to a ridiculous hardcore song

  29. 
Dancing so hard I can feel the music running through my body and I get in this state where I don't even know what I'm doing I'm just moving to the music that is pulsing through my veins

  30. 
Developing my own photography

  31. 
Dirty or old stand mixers, that means they have been used

  32. 
Disneyland

  33. 
Doing something good or helpful for someone that they don't know about. Especially if they benefit from it or come and tell me about how this good thing happened and they have no clue I has a hand in it and I sit quiet and never tell them. 

  34. 
Dresses, epically flowy ones

  35. 
Flower the Lilly. They have the most wonderful smell I love having huge bouquets of them and letting them smell up my room

  36. 
Freaking cute coffee cups! 

  37. 
French tip acrylic nails

  38. 
Frilly things like underwear or on dresses

  39. 
Getting all done up for someone who will appreciate that I'm trying to look cute

  40. 
Getting excited, even if it's about nothing

  41. 
God

  42. 
Going on adventures

  43. 
Going to shows

  44. 
Good books with pretty covers

  45. 
Good coffee

  46. 
Green

  47. 
Handmade stuff. Buying handmade items and supporting artists

  48. 
Having good long conversations with strangers

  49. Hobby Lobby
  50. 
Insulated Starbucks Cups

  51. Italia
  52. 
Jesus Yourself Others
. JOY
  53. 
Joann’s

  54. 
Leaving notes for people to find way later on

  55. 
Listening to hardcore music really loud in a long car wash

  56. 
Little ramekins

  57. 
Long talks that never have awkward silences or a need to think of a new subject

  58. 
Love

  59. 
Lucky
 (RIP)
  60. 
Macs

  61. Meringue
  62. 
Modeling

  63. 
Music, except country

  64. 
My little may, Amy. 

  65. 
My purple camera

  66. 
Never knowing what time or day it is

  67. 
Old cameras

  68. 
People telling me sincerely that they love whatever I just baked them

  69. 
People watching with Ashley

  70. 
Photo shoots

  71. 
Photography

  72. 
Pirouettes epically doubles or triples

  73. 
Pushing down the buttons on soda lids

  74. 
Really bad movies

  75. 
Really big coffee cups that resemble bowls so it's like you are drinking soup that tastes like delicious coffee

  76. 
Ruffles

  77. 
Scrapbooking
  78. 
Seeing someone wearing my design

  79. 
Shopping

  80. 
Sitting in my backyard on a nice morning with my coffee and Lucky and no distractions

  81. 
Sleeping Giant

  82. 
Song lyrics

  83. 
Songs I can dance to

  84. 
Spending money on others

  85. 
Stand Mixers

  86. 
Straws

  87. 
Strong arms

  88. 
Taking photos. A bagillon of them

  89. 
Teaching someone to dance

  90. 
The Academy Is...

  91. 
The beach

  92. 
The library

  93. 
Traveling and adventuring

  94. Typefaces
  95. 
Weddings

  96. 
When I don't burn the chocolate I'm melting

  97. 
When I make people happy

  98. 
When my back doesn't hurt me

  99. 
When whatever I’m baking turns out freaking cute

  100. Weddings
  101. Worshiping like crazy at an amazing Sleeping Giant show or any Tohm Green show

No comments:

Post a Comment